Already a course provider?

Use this link to log in to your account.​

Want to become a continuing education provider?

The Construction Contractors Board must approve all continuing education providers and the individual classes they offer to residential contractors. 

Apply to offer residential continuing education

Applicants fill out an online application to become a provider. Once approved, you submit individual courses for approval. 

All residential contractors must take five hours of Series A (business management) courses every two-year renewal period. Additionally, they must take three hours of laws and regulations courses from the CCB. 

Contractors that have less than six years experience (and whose responsible managing individual also has less than six years experience) must take an additional eight hours of courses. These can be Series A and/or Series B (trade-specific) classes.

Series A courses include these subjects:

  • Building codes
  • Safety
  • Construction business practices, including bidding and estimating
  • Business law
  • Marketing and customer service
  • Accounting
Series B courses include:
  • Trade-specific subjects (such as roofing, excavation, etc.)
  • Energy efficiency courses

Other requirements

  • Educators must enter and transmit electronic data to the agency 

  • Be registered to do business in Oregon  

  • Explain in writing how you resolve complaints by students, including length of time to contact complainant and method of response. 

  • Explain in writing the process for canceling or refunding requests from students. If you do not permit cancellations or refunds, state that in writing. Explain how the policy is provided to students. 

  • Describe attendance verification procedures. 

  • Employ or contract with instructors who have at least four years' work experience or four years of education, or any combination of both, in the subject that they instruct. 

  • Notify the agency within 24 hours if you change or add course types or if you change or add instructors.  

  • Transmit data notifying the agency when a contractor completes a Series A Course by noon of the business day following the date the contractor completes the course. 

  • Maintain records available for agency to inspect for at least six years.

Approval process

  • Create an account with the CCB.

  • You will then get a link to the provider application. 

  • Once you are approved as a provider, you will see a link called new course application form. This asks  for basic information such as the course name and description, cost (the CCB does not regulate how much you charge), how many hours it will entail, how many times a year it will be offered, etc.

  • Once you submit that  information electronically, the CCB sends an email outlining what additional documents we need to approve the course. This varies, depending on whether you offer Series A or Series B courses. Series B courses are registered, not approved, and require less information.

  • Once you provide the final documents, we notify you that your course is approved and issue a course ID number.

  • Your course shows up in our course catalog with a link to additional information, including your website. Students sign up and pay through you.

  • When you offer a course that includes contractors, you upload a roster of who completed the course by noon the day after the course is completed. You pay the $4 per-student-per-hour fee at that time.

  • We credit the contractor’s education record.​​​




Existing provider?

Apply to be a provider