Limits of "handyman" projects
In very limited situations, someone can perform construction work without holding a license through the Construction Contractors Board.
- These projects must have a contract value of less than $1,000.
- They must involve work that is actual, minor or inconsequential. This means the work:
No advertising is allowed.
- Is not structural
- Does not affect the health or safety of the owner or occupant
- Does not include work performed as a subcontractor to a licensed contractor
- Does not involve lead paint or door or window replacement