In the event you are involved in an accident while operating a DAS Fleet vehicle:
- First and foremost, make sure everyone is safe and anyone in need of medical attention is attended to.
- You may need to notify authorities.
Per the DMV website: “A separate law from DMV reporting requirements is effective January 1, 2010, and requires you to immediately notify law enforcement by the quickest means available if you are a driver involved in an accident meeting any of the same criteria required under DMV Accident Reporting Requirements. Use a non-emergency contact number to notify law enforcement. If the accident results in a serious injury or death, and the driver calls the emergency reporting system 9-1-1, then no additional notification to law enforcement is required. If the driver is physically incapable of giving notice to a police officer or a law enforcement agency as required, then the occupant of a vehicle involved in the accident is responsible to notify law enforcement. Failure to report an accident to law enforcement when required to do so may result in a citation. You must still file an Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report (Form 735-32) with DMV as required under DMV Accident Reporting Requirements.”
- Notify DAS Fleet at 800-378-0077. We can coordinate vehicle recovery and provide assistance.
- Exchange information with other drivers and witnesses involved. DAS vehicles are issued with an accident packet that contains a Certificate of Coverage, DMV Accident Form, blue driver information form and witness cards. If you do not have this please contact DAS Fleet for a replacement. If asked for your insurance information please inform them that the State of Oregon is self insured under the State of Oregon Certificate of Insurance #24. This information also goes in the “Insurance Company Name and Address” line on the DMV Accident form.
- In addition to notifying DAS Fleet, immediately notify your supervisor and/or agency Risk Coordinator. If you are unsure of who your Risk Coordinator is for your agency please contact DAS Fleet or DAS Risk Management at 503-373-7475.
- Complete the DMV Accident Report and submit a copy to DAS Fleet as well as your immediate supervisor and/or your agency’s Risk Coordinator. If you have any pictures or other documentation please submit that as well. In some cases we can obtain photos from the body shops providing the repair estimates.
By law the DMV Accident form must be completed and submitted to DMV within 72 hours if it meets the following criteria:
1. Damage to the vehicle you were driving is over $1,500;
2. Damage to any vehicle is over $1,500 and any vehicle is towed from the scene as a result of damages from this accident;
3. Injury or death resulted from this accident; or
4. Damages to any one person's property other than a vehicle involved in this accident is over $1,500.
For more information on DMV & Law Enforcement reporting requirements please follow the link below:
If you have any questions as to the extent of the damage please contact DAS Fleet. DMV reports submitted to DAS Fleet are not forwarded to DMV. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the complete report is submitted to DMV.
- If contacted by the other party's insurance company, please direct them to DAS Fleet and/or your agency's Risk Coordinator. Please do not accept payment from the insurance company. All subrogation will be handled by your agency’s Risk Coordinator and/or DAS Risk Management. Repairs to DAS owned vehicles shall only be authorized by DAS Fleet.
- Obtaining estimates: Please contact DAS Fleet for the body shop options in your area. If you are in the Salem metro area please contact Salem Motor Pool shop at 503-378-4269 for options. A minimum of two estimates are required and in some cases we may ask for a third estimate if there is a significant difference between the two.
- DAS Fleet will award the repair work and will notify you and the repair vendor. We will issue a purchase order to the repair vendor and all billing associated with this incident will go through DAS Fleet. Please ensure the vehicle is taken to the repair vendor in a timely manner.
- Once repairs are completed and the vehicle is back in service we will complete the report and bill the agency accordingly.
o If damage to the state vehicle is under the agency deductible ($1,000 or $2,500, based on agency FTE):
The agency whom the vehicle is assigned to will be charged the full amount to repair the vehicle. Subrogation is handled by your agency’s Risk Coordinator at or below this dollar amount. DAS Risk Management may only be involved if there is injury.
o If damage to the state vehicle is over the agency deductible:
The agency will be billed the full deductible and the remainder of the bill beyond the deductible is sent to DAS Risk Management by DAS Fleet. DAS Fleet will submit a claim and send all applicable documents to DAS Risk Management. DAS Risk Management will subrogate against the responsible party and/or their insurance company.
- DAS Risk Management will collect and return monies to DAS Fleet. Whatever monies collected toward the deductible, up to the full amount of the deductible, will be credited back to the agency.
Vehicle Accidents & Reporting