Agency Resource Page
This page has been created to consolidate frequently utilized aspects of Surplus Property. Agencies are welcome to use the resources located on this page, but please be aware that this is for agency use only (not for public use). Given this, some aspects of this page require the agency to be eligible to purchase through the Surplus Property Program.
As a recipient of Federal financial assistance, this program is administered in compliance with Title IX, which states "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance".
Agencies can now search for property for their
Historically, an employee of the Surplus Property Program has been charged with searching for available property through the Federal Governments Donation Property Program (also commonly referred to as "Screening). Surplus Property is now giving agencies the ability to search for property that may be of benefit to their agency, at reduced Service Charges. To take advantage of this opportunity:
- Log on to
- In the upper right corner, see the "Login" button
- In the "User ID" box, enter "4757or"
- In the "Password" box type in "horses"
- If you identify property you would like for our screener to freeze, take note of the "Item Control Number", the "Item Name", and where it is located. If there is an urgent need for an item, please be sure to indicate this as well.
- The Surplus Property Screener will freeze this property on your behalf. Please be aware that freezing property does not guarantee the property will be allocated to your agency, as there may be other agencies freezing those items as well.
- If your agency is allocated the requested items, an invoice for the reduced amount will be generated. You may then make shipping arrangements. It is suggested that you remain in contact with the Surplus Property Screener, as we may be able to combine shipping and reduce costs.
Things to keep in mind while searching for property
- You must be a current "donee" in good standing, and otherwise eligible through the Surplus Property Program, in order to take advantage of this function.
- You can look at anything located anywhere; Just keep in mind that your agency will be responsible for shipping from the items location, which can become expensive.
- Do not use your browsers "Back" button; It will not work. Use the "Back" button located on the page if you need to go back.
- The User ID and passwords used to access the property pages allow you to browse only; They do not allow you to freeze property.
- Look in the left navigation panel for more information about
rates, "Frequently Asked Questions" and much more!
The "Want List" goes electronic-
As previously mentioned, there are links in the left navigation panel that allow agencies to access information (such as inventory available through the Federal Donation Program, eligibility information, etc.). If you would like Surplus Property staff to search for property for your agency, complete the "Want List Submission Form" located in that panel, and either email or fax to Surplus Property. We will then attempt to locate the type of property you are trying to find. If we don't have it in stock, we will attempt to locate it through the "screening" process. Also, we won't freeze an item unless we get your permission to do so; that way, you will have an opportunity to go online and verify that this is what you are looking for. If you find the item you are looking for, and no longer need us to search, simply send us an email, and we will discontinue searching.
Donee Notifications Listserve-
"Donee Notifications" is a no cost subscription that agencies can sign up for to receive news from the Surplus Property Program. Messages regarding sales, special buys, unusual items or general information about Surplus Property functions will periodically (1-3 times/month) arrive in your email inbox. Surplus staff can add as many email addresses as requested, but you do need to request to be put on the mailing list. Once on the list, you will receive notifications from Surplus Property on topics ranging from software upgrades to special procurements of interest to agencies.
The purpose of this Listserve is to keep agencies up-to-date on the latest news to come from Surplus Property........NOT to "spam" agencies! If you would like to be added to the notifications list, please send an email to the Listserve administrator requesting to be put on the "Donee Notifications" list, and the email addresses you want included. Once your email address has been placed on the list, you will receive a confirmation email, and will begin to receive periodic notifications. Of course, if you decide you don't want to receive these notifications any longer, you can always request to be "Unsubscribed", and we will remove your address from the list.
To begin receiving "Donee Notifications", send the list administrator an email, and include the email address of where to send the notifications.