|General Information |
- Maintain key card system and provide key cards and photo/IDs
- Lock and unlock building doors electronically as directed by Agency Key Coordinators
- Assign levels of access to key cards as directed by the Agency Key Coordinators
- Maintain and install door hardware including locks, door closers and ADA automatic door operators
- Design and maintain master keying system for mechanical locks to ensure access to all locked areas are controlled
- Provide keys for interior doors
- Maintain database for all issued keys and key cards
- Repair doors and hardware (closures, hinges, locks)
- Maintain and repair automatic door operators
Tenant Key Card Resources
The Department of Administrative Services assists tenants to obtain key cards or keys for your work area. Contact your Manager/Supervisor to complete a Coordinator Authorization Form for submission to your Building's Key Card Coordinator. Review the DAS Building Access Key and Keycard Access Policy 125-6-215.
Basic guidelines for care of your key card:
- Do not expose your key card to extreme heat or open flame
- Do not crimp, bend, or twist your keycard
- Do not re-laminate
- Do not punch a slot or hole in the key card as it could damage the chip
- If you have a key card from another area, do not hold two key cards towards the reader at the same time. The reader may read the wrong card.
If your key or key card has been lost, report it to your supervisor and your Key Card Coordinator immediately.
Call (503) 373-7001 if you have questions.