Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Accident Reporting
Auto Crash Report Packet for State Owned Vehicles
What’s in a packet?
Every state vehicle should have a “Crash Report Packet” in the glove box. If a state vehicle is damaged in a crash, read the instructions on the “State Vehicle Crash Sheet”. It will help you be sure you contact all those needed and get all the important information. The “State Vehicle Crash Checklist” is also helpful to make sure you complete all the actions needed during and after a vehicle crash.
  • State Vehicle Crash Sheet (pdf)
    Use this document at the scene to collect information about the state driver and the other vehicle driver. The state driver should keep this form for use later to fill out the ODOT “DMV Traffic Accident and Insurance Report” form.\
  • State Vehicle Crash Checklist (pdf)
    Use this document at the scene and after the crash to make sure you notify all necessary parties and complete the required documents.
  • Auto Crash Witness Card (pdf)
    Use this document at the scene to record names and addresses of any witnesses.
  • DMV "Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report" form (pdf)
    This form is required when damage exceeds $1,500 or someone is injured.
    Complete if after you return to the office.
    Failure to submit this form can result in a fine or license suspension.
  • “Crash Cards” (pdf)
    Give these cards out to the non-state driver. It gives them DAS Risk Management’s contact information and information on how to file a claim.
  • Proof of Insurance. "Certificate of Coverage" (pdf)  - 8.5 x 11 White
    • Show to police or anyone who needs to see information about insurance coverage.
Need a new packet?
If you have a permanently assigned vehicle from DAS-Motor Pool:
·        Check to see if the Auto Crash Report Packet is in the glove box. Make sure it has all the forms.
·        If you need new forms for the packet, you may make copies of the documents as needed.