Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Accident Reporting
Vehicle Crash Check List
After an accident at the scene…
□  Aid the injured.
□  Use the Accident Report Packet (located in the glove box) to share and collect required information.
□  Do not give statements to anyone except a law enforcement officer or DAS-Risk Management representative.
as soon as safely possible…
□  Report what happened to a supervisor or agency manager. Follow agency procedures.
□  Immediately call DAS-Risk Management  at ( 503) 373-7475 if:
  • Anyone is transported by ambulance
  • Any car is towed.
□  Notify vehicle owner if state vehicle is damaged and cannot be driven.
  • For DAS-Fleet cars call the State Motor Pool at (503) 378-4377 or (800) 378-0077.
□  If a state employee is injured and requires medical treatment, complete a Form 801.
  • Forms can be obtained through agency Safety Advisor.
within 72 hours…
□  If anyone has been injured or if damages exceed $1500, use information from the blue “Driver Information Sheet” in the Accident Report Packet, to complete and submit the DMV “Traffic Accident and Insurance Report.”
□  Submit copies of forms from the Accident Report Packet to:
  • Vehicle owner
  • Driver’s supervisor.
what happens next will depend on agency specific procedures…
□  Incident report, investigation and analysis.
□  File Property Claim with DAS-Risk Management if damage to the state vehicle exceeds agency deductible of $1000 or $2500.
□   Replace Accident Report Packet in state vehicle.
Alternative file format:
Vehicle Crash Check List (doc)