To provide quality financial services in budget, accounting and reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable. SFS activities touch local governments, state agencies and stakeholder, which it is our responsibility to provide responsible and effective stewardship over the finances, and focus on quality service, results and innovation.
SFS provides central payment services, conducts collections, provides government-wide accounting and reporting, collects delinquent account debts for the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) and 22 client agencies. SFS also provides budget support to the client agencies. It is a critical mission for which we must throughly plan and professionally execute. This strategic plan builds on our past performance and lays out our goals and strategies for the future.
The work we do everyday touches every aspect of how DAS and the client agencies perform their services. Our collection programs efficiently collect the monies that DAS and client agencies need to provide services to other state agencies and the citizens of Oregon. Government-wide accounting provides daily, monthly and annual financial information needed for economic and investment related decisions. Our payments operation ensures timely payments are made to local government, vendors and boards and commissions.
We are passionate about our mission and proud of the SFS team. This strategic plan will assist in keeping us focused on the goals, strategies, priorities and values that will ensure a future that positions SFS as a strong leader within the state. We have added a goal: Be a great place to work. SFS is committed to being a place where all team members are engaged, developed and are valued.
|Principles & Values|
SFS is a newly formed team as of July 1, 2012 and we are in the process of developing values that will be incorporated into all activities. As SFS believes in a values-based culture, decisions relating to the development of our core values have included the following:
- Information Sharing - Inform team members for a better understanding of the overall environment and priorities.
- Inclusion - Give all team members the opportunity to fully use their talents and knowledge to help achieve quality results.
- Individual Respect - Value everyone's contributions and treat people with respect.
- Integrity - Promote a work environment with the highest ethical standards of honesty, trust and reliability. Ensuring integrity of data and systems is also part of this culture.
- Informality - Encourage openness and ease of communication.
|Key Benefits of SFS|
The consolidation of financial functions across the agency creates certain efficiencies to support financial decisions in the agency and the 22 Client Agencies:
- Improves customer experience through a coordinated effort / potentially less errors.
- Sharing of current program best practices and efficiencies and facilitating consistency of processes.
- Facilitates improved career path, succession planning, and cross training opportunities.
- Allows Enterprises, Business Units, and Client Agencies to focus on their core missions.