Key topics

Do you mail licenses?

The Insurance Division no longer mails or issues printed licenses. Print a copy of your license at Under State Services, choose Oregon. Click on Print Your License. SBS allows one free copy, so save a copy to your computer before you hit the print button. Allow processing time on renewals and applications. 

Can I renew online?

Yes. Individuals and businesses must renew with the National Insurance Producer Registry at The first page that opens is announcements. Scroll to the bottom and click begin. Warning: NIPR will not allow two transactions at once so do not make changes to your address.

  • Individual license: Add your National Producer Number (NPN) to the NPN section and license number section. Enter the same number twice. Your old number is obsolete. When asked for your business affiliations, click next. Don't enter anything - it doesn't apply to individual licenses. 
  • Business license: Enter the SBS license number. Your old number is obsolete. 

How do I get my old continuing education to you?

For classes taken up to May 7, 2012, fax or scan and email the certificates to us. Continuing education taken after May 7, 2012, will be downloaded directly into your account. CE providers have 15 business days to upload information to your record. Do not wait until the last minute to take your classes. 

Contact us

Fax: 503-378-4351​​​​


​Agent compensation rules​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​