Who must be licensed

These entities require a license:

  • Corporations
  • Associations
  • Partnerships
  • Limited liability companies
  • Limited liability partnerships or other legal entities

Sole proprietors do not need to be licensed, although some insurance companies may require a license as a condition of the agency contract.

Assumed business names must be registered with the Secretary of State Corporation Division.

Oregon resident and nonresident agencies

  1. Apply online at NIPR.com.
  2. The agency also must file an affiliation of producer within 30 days.​

    Affiliation of prod​ucer form: PDF | ​​Word

  3. ​​​


Helpful Hints

Questions about applying?​​​​