Most complaints resolved within 60 days
We handle complaints involving most lines of insurance including auto, homeowner, health, life, annuities, long-term care and even pet insurance.
Once we receive a complaint, an advocate will:
How long will it take?
Most complaints are resolved within 60 days but it depends on the type of complaint. Sometimes it is just a few days or weeks.
What can you do?
- Educate you about your rights
- Resolve issues before they lead to further harm
- Fine companies or agents that break the law or revoke their licenses
- Tell you whether a company or agent is licensed in Oregon
- Educate you about a company's complaint history and its financial soundness
- Detect areas of that law that need to changed
Results vary from providing information to getting a claim paid. Consumers who are unhappy with the results we obtain may want to contact an attorney.
- Act as your attorney.
- Recommend an insurance company or agent.
- Force a company to pay claims, to cover a medical procedure, or to refund premiums if the company is following the law and its insurance contract.
- Resolve issues outside our jurisdiction. For example, the issue might be who is at fault or how much should be paid as a result of a car accident. We will make sure the insurance companies follow the law and you know your rights and options. However, the court system determines fault and damages rest with the court system.
Complaints and any materials gathered during the investigation are confidential (ORS 731.264). However, a copy of the complaint will be sent to the insurance company/agent named in the complaint.