The Filing Description section serves as the cover letter or explanatory
memorandum for the filing. Please provide the following items within the
Filing Description to assist with our review and provide you with better
speed to market.
- Provide a detailed explanation as to the purpose of the filing,
and describe the intended use for each form.
- Include specific items that differ from the company's general portfolio.
- Explain how new forms differ from similar forms, any changes to
revised forms or the reason to file a new form for the same product.
- Describe any innovative or unique features of each form.
- New or innovative products must include their marketing plan.
- The explanation should include any previously approved forms that
will be used in conjunction with the forms being filed including form
numbers (exactly as they were filed and approved), approval dates and
Oregon or SERFF Filing numbers. Any IIPRC approved filings that will be
used in conjunction with an Oregon filing must disclose the SERFF tracking
number for the IIPRC filing(s).
- If the description states the form(s) are 'new' then they cannot
be replacing a previously approved form(s).
- When submitting replacement form(s) for approval, OAR
836-010-0011(4) requires a complete explanation of all changes being
made plus a comparison document for review purposes. Highlighted, annotated,
red-line, side-by-side, or John Doe versions of forms must be provided
under the Supporting Documentation Tab in SERFF. Do not attach these
to the Forms Schedule tab in SERFF. If not replacing the prior approved
form(s), explain the need for both forms.
- When submitting a Property and Casualty form filing that includes
more than one company, all forms listed on the Forms Filing Schedule
(FFS-1) or Form Schedule Tab in SERFF must apply to each of the companies
named on the filing and cover letter equally. If any of the forms will
not be used by every company named in the group filing, then a separate
form filing must be made for each company.
Filings that are incomplete with the above information will be rejected
without review. When resubmitting an incomplete filing, it must be submitted
as a new filing and reference the previous submission verifying all the
changes have been made as previously requested.
For status inquiries, you may e-mail us after 30 days from submission
of a filing at: email@example.com.