Registration is an annual requirement (ORS459A.300-.365). Manufacturers of computers, monitors, TVs, and printers sold in or into Oregon must register with DEQ by December 31. Former manufacturers must also register if their devices are returned for recycling through the Oregon E-Cycles program in the previous year and are not currently registered by another manufacturer.
- Registration is open from October 15 to December 31
- Invoices for registration fees are sent May 1
- Registration fees are due July 1
A manufacturer includes any entity that:
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs under a brand that it owns or is licensed to use (unless the license is to manufacture CEDs for delivery exclusively to or at the order of the licenser);
- Sells or sold CEDs manufactured by others under a brand that the seller owns;
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs without affixing a brand;
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs to which it affixes a brand that it does not own; or
- Imports or imported CEDs (unless at the time the CEDs were imported they were registered by another manufacturer).
This service is a tool developed by the Electronics Recycling Coordination Clearinghouse, and provides a central platform for manufacturers to register their brands under multiple states with e-waste laws. If you have not already done so, please visit eCycleRegistration
to set up your account.
Why register online?
The biggest benefit is that it makes registering for Oregon E-Cycles in subsequent years a lot easier. After you set up your account, and register for the first time, you’ll simply need to verify and/or edit that information in subsequent years. That should avoid a lot of redundant data entry for you, and for DEQ.
The eCycleRegistration website will prompt you to enter the following information:
- Manufacturer name and web address.
- The type of recycling program the manufacturer will participate in for the following year: the State Contractor Program, an individual manufacturer program, or a group manufacturer program.
- Name, address, phone number and e-mail for a primary and billing contact (if different). The primary contact receives notifications about registration and compliance issues; the billing contact receives invoices.
- A list of all the manufacturer’s current and former brands of computers, monitors and TVs, including dates manufactured. For former brands, the manufacturer must also note whether the brand has been discontinued or is being made by another manufacturer.
- Finally, your company’s designated representative will be prompted to certify that the information provided is accurate, and that they have reviewed their responsibilities under Oregon E-Cycles.
After submitting your registration, DEQ will review, approve and/or follow-up with you directly if further clarification is required.