DHS is an organization created to serve the public. What is the best way to know what people need? Ask them! We have heard that DHS does not always communicate well with families and partners, and they are not always included as a part of the team. This project will create a plan to involve community partners and those closest to the services in a meaningful way. It makes way for DHS to build strong relationships that last so that families and partners can tell us what they need and when they need it.
2018 DHS Child Welfare Action Plan District Tour
DHS has been hard at work making big changes. At this forum DHS will provide an update on Oregon’s Child Welfare Action Plan, introduce you to new leadership and seek your feedback on current projects.
DHS knows it cannot improve the child welfare system alone – the department needs your input to build a better system that reflects the unique strengths and needs in each of Oregon’s diverse communities. We hope you can join us at a location near you.
Meet Oregon DHS Leadership at the Community Forum in Bend
Here is a preview of the community forum in Bend. Join us at a forum near you!
Save the Dates
- Bend - Wednesday, January 3rd at 5:30 PM
1300 NW Wall Street, Bend, OR - (Agenda)
- Oregon City - Tuesday, January 16th at 4:30 PM
315 S Beavercreek Rd, Oregon City, OR - (Agenda)
- Beaverton - Thursday, January 18th at 4:30 PM
15425 NW Greenbrier Pkwy, Beaverton, OR - (Agenda)
- Roseburg - Wednesday, January 24th at 5:30 PM
738 W Harvard Ave SE 120, Roseburg, OR (Agenda)
- Klamath Falls - Thursday, January 25th at 5:30 PM
700 Klamath Ave, Suite 500, Klamath Falls, OR (Agenda)
- La Grande - Thursday, February 1st at 5:30 PM
1607 Gekeler, La Grande, OR (Agenda)
- North Bend - Tuesday, February 27th at 6:00 PM
1431 Airport Lane, North Bend, OR (Agenda)
- The Dalles - Monday, March 12th at 4:00 PM
400 E Scenic Drive Building #2, The Dalles, OR 97058 (Agenda)
- Salem - Monday, March 19th at 4:30 PM
4600 25th Avenue NE, Salem, OR (Agenda)
- Portland - Thursday, March 29th at 4:30 PM
10301 NE NE Glisan St. Portland, OR (Agenda)
Who Should Attend?
• Current or Former Clients • Current or Former Foster Parents • State and Local Policy Makers • Cross System Agency Partners • Citizen Review Board • Attorneys • Court Appointed Special Advocates • Tribal Representatives • Service Providers • Nonprofit Organizations • Faith-Based Organizations • Community Leaders • Law Enforcement • Educators • Community Service Groups • Physical, Mental, and Behavioral Health Providers • State, Community or Private College Representatives • YOU
General Agenda (Varies by Location)
Current/Former Foster Youth Session
Join us for this youth-only session to meet the state Foster Care Ombudsman and the brand-new Foster Care Policy & Community Liaison, who is a former foster youth hired at DHS to make sure we listen to your voices. Please invite your foster parents to come early with you where they will have the chance to network with other caregivers.
Current/Former Foster Parent Session
Caregivers are welcome to come early for an informal networking hour with other foster parents.
Community Forum Check-In
- Fariborz Pakseresht, DHS Director OR Dr. Reginald Richardson, Deputy Director
- Marilyn Jones, Child Welfare Director OR Laurie Price, Child Welfare Deputy Director
- Nathan Rix, Director of Executive Projects
- Local Child Welfare District Manager
- Local Partner/s
- Questions to be determined
Questions and Answers
Mix and Mingle
RSVP for a Forum Near You
To RSVP send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the city for the forum you will be attending in the Subject Line.
We welcome all participants. Foster parents, please request child care in your RSVP. For language services or other accommodations, please indicate your request in your RSVP within 48 hours before the meeting. A good faith effort will be made to fulfill requests.
Questions about the community forum? Contact Pamela Heisler, Public Engagement Project Manager, Pamela.L.Heisler@state.or.us, 503-910-7422.
Light refreshments will be provided at the community forum.