Criminal Records Information Management System
The Criminal Records Information Management System (CRIMS) provides a portal to submitting background checks and receiving fitness determination results. CRIMS is available for:
- the qualified entity designees (QEDs) of many programs and agencies licensed, certified, or regulated by the Department of Human Services and the Oregon Health Authority
- the Clearinghouse authorized designees (CHADs) for businesses and organizations using the BCU Clearinghouse
CRIMS for DHS/OHA providers
The following information is specifically for qualified entities licensed, certified or otherwise regulated by DHS or OHA.
2015 CRIMS Manual
PLEASE NOTE: This manual is specifically for CRIMS only. If you are applying to be a qualified entity designee for your agency, please contact BCU at 503-378-5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org and request training materials.
2015 CMS Employment Categories
Some Qualified Entities (QEs) are subject to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements for background checks. BCU is slowly rolling out CMS requirements. Now in CRIMS, certain application types will require you to choose an employment category that most closely matches the duties of the position. See Employment Categories for details and examples.
For CRIMS technical assistance contact BCU at 503-378-5470 or 888-272-5545.
Long-Term Care Registry
The online Long-Term Care Registry (LTCR) is an upgrade to CRIMS and provides a user friendly experience within the already familiar CRIMS. The main goal of the LTCR is to produce a sustainable and effective list of immediately hirable subject individuals who have already been background checked and approved by BCU.
LTCR AVAILABLE FOR SPECIFIC PROVIDERS AND POSITIONS ONLY
- Nursing facilities and skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities and residential care facilities
- APD-licensed adult foster homes
- Homecare workers and personal support workers for seniors, developmental disabilities clients, and mental health clients
If you require further support or have questions, concerns or feedback, please contact the LTCR Coordinator at 888-272-5545BCU.LTCR@state.or.us.
, option 7, or email
Long-Term Care Registry (LTCR) Additional Support as of June 23, 2015