We are a free service to both employer and employee. We provide pre-screened, ready-to-work applicants with a wide range of skills and abilities from around the state. VR Staffing solutions can help you access a variety of work incentive programs that can save your business money.
- Eliminate the guess work in the hiring process
- Pre-screen applicants for motivation, reliability and dependability
- Provide help with accommodation needs
- Consult with employers about their current and future needs
- Establish long-term business relations
- Disability Awareness and training
- Diversity and inclusion education information
New Services Available to Employers
- Training and technical assistance. We can help your business build your workforce diversity by providing training and technical assistance regarding employment of people with disabilities.
- Assessments and assistive technology. We can work with your managers with disability awareness training, accommodation assessments and assistive technology.
- Sponsorships. Sponsorships are available to help you provide work-based learning experiences at your place of business for people with disabilities.
- Short-term employment opportunities
- Pre-Employment transition services
Let us help you recruit and hire people with disabilities. Contact Vocational Rehabilitation for more information.
Myths and Facts
MYTH: The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) forces employers to hire unqualified individuals with disabilities.
FACT: Unqualified candidates are not protected under the ADA. To be protected from discrimination in hiring, an individual must first meet all requirements for a job and be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
MYTH: Under the ADA, an employer cannot fire an employee who has a disability.
FACT: Employers can fire workers with disabilities under three conditions:
- The termination is unrelated to the disability or
- The employee does not meet legitimate requirements for the job, such as performance or production standards, with or without a reasonable accommodation or
- Because of the employee's disability, he or she poses a direct threat to health or safety in the workplace. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy)
Vision and Values
Guided by a clear vision and grounded by strong core values, OVRS Staffing Solutions is committed to continuing leadership in Oregon providing employment services and solutions to meet the needs of its customers: businesses and people with disabilities.
- Our customers can rely on us. We deliver customized solutions. We are easy to do business with.
- Can-Do Attitude. Accountability, Driven to Win, Pride, Authentic, Respect
If your business wants to tap the OVRS labor pool - or if you simply want more information about our employer services - please contact Vocational Rehabilitation or a local office near you.
Partners and Sponsors
- US Forest Service (Platinum Sponsor)
- DAIMLER (Platinum Sponsor)
- NW Natural Gas (Platinum Sponsor)
- Eid Passport (Gold Sponsor)
- Comcast (Silver Sponsor)
- Lowe’s (Silver Sponsor)
More employer resources