to receive email notification of site updates.
No rules have been changes or adopted in the past year.
Proposed Rule Changes
Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation seeks input on the proposed OAR 582 Division 1 Definitions and Division 20 Dispute Resolution. You may testify at a public hearing or submit written comments. The comment period begins Friday, December 1, 2017 and ends on Friday, January 5, 2018 at 5 pm.
Provide testimony by:
Department of Human Services, Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation
Robin Brandt, Policy Analyst
500 Summer Street NE, E-87 Salem, Oregon 97310-1018
- In person: Attend the public hearings in towns across the state
- By phone: Check the hearing date for a phone in number
For more information:
- VR-PT 17-04 Internal Controls Policy and Procedures for Tracking and Reporting Pre‐Employment Transition Services (08/15/2017)
- VR-PT 17-03 Reserve at Least 15 Percent of Program Allotments for the Provision of Pre‐Employment Transition Services (08/15/2017)
- VR-PT 17-02 Fiscal Policy. Program Income (6/16/2017)
- VR‐PT 17‐01 Fiscal Policy: Purchases for Equipment and Other Expenditures (2/27/2017)
- VR Policy 6.11 Transition Policy
- VR Policy 6.4 Services to Persons who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (10/2/2015)
- VR Policy: 3.14 Supported Employment policy (4/21/2015)
- VR Policy 3.13 Self-Employment (Sept. 18, 2015)
- VR Policy: 3.1 Time to Plan (Jan. 1, 2015)
- VR Policy 2.3 Authority to Work (8/24/2015)
Vocational Rehabilitation Action Request
Vocational Rehabilitation Information Memorandum
- VR-IM 17-06 Using Secure Email
- VR-IM-17-05 Subminimum Wage Report (9/5/2017)
- VR-IM-17-02 Revised Supported Employment Timelines (Revised 03/01/2017)
- VR-IM-17-03 Revised Job Stabilization (Revised 03/01/2017)
- VR-IM-15-6 Confirm Information for Client (7/9/2015)
- VR-IM-15-5 No assistance for Vocational Rehabilitation participants in employment related to production, sale, or distribution of marijuana (6/29/2015)
- VR-IM-15-01 Job Stabilization
Employment Policy for Individuals with IDD
- A summary of employment services and policy for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities from the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS), Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) are organized alphabetically by topic area.
Policy to be Updated and Public Hearings
Vocational Rehabilitation Policy Forums to be held statewide in September 2016.
Draft Oregon Administrative Rules, 582 Division 1, Definitions
NOTE: Accommodations, including interpreters, assistive listening devices, and
materials in alternative format, are available upon request.
We request two weeks notice to ensure accommodations can be provided.
Every effort will be made to provide accommodations with 48 hours of
notice. Please fill out the box about what accommodations are needed
Questions or comments on policy out for public comment? Email VR.Policy@state.or.us
For information about services and policy: Go to the Client Information page
Talk to your counselor or branch manager: Contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation office