If someone is being hurt or is in danger right now, call 911 immediately.
Abuse and neglect
- Report child abuse to the Department of Human Services (DHS) or a local police department, county sheriff, county juvenile department, or Oregon State Police.
- People with developmental disabilities
If you believe abuse is occurring, immediately contact your county developmental disability program. You may also report abuse to Department of Human Services (DHS) by calling the Office of Investigations and Training (OIT) at 503-945-9495 or toll free at 1-866-406-4287.
- Elder abuse and adults with physical disabilities
Report suspected cases of abuse to your local DHS or AAA office. You may also report abuse to DHS at
- People with mental illness
Report suspected cases of abuse to your county mental health program or you may also report abuse to the Department of Human Services (DHS) by calling the Office of Investigations and Training (OIT) at
(503) 945-9495, or toll free at 1-866-406-4287.
Alcohol and drug addiction
- HelpLine: Make The Call
A confidential 24-hour blended crisis and referral line, responding to individuals and family members seeking crisis intervention treatment referral and general chemical dependency information.
Call 1-800-923-HELP (1-800-923-4357)
A peer-to-peer crisis line for teens. Youth working under the supervision of an adult answer calls on diverse topics including substance abuse, depression, self-harm, dating violence and other issues, many of which have substance abuse as an underlying issue.
Call 1-877-553-TEEN (1-877-553-8336)
- Linea de Ayuda
Linea de Ayuda is the only crisis line for speakers of Spanish who are experiencing drug and alcohol problems. The line is staffed by highly skilled volunteer crisis workers.
- Other hotlines and Web links
Domestic violence and intimate partner violence
- If you are in immediate need of a domestic violence shelter contact the Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual violence at 1-877-330-1951
- Domestic Violence hotline
- Guide to domestic violence services in Oregon
- People wishing to speak with a counselor about problems related to gambling may call toll free:
1-877-MY Limit (1-877-695-4648). Treatment is free, confidential and it works.
- Oregon Gambling Helpline Web site
Link to chat live with a certified gambling counselor.
Mental Health Crisis
Also see: Assistance services