Medicaid-eligible individuals who are receiving Home and Community-Based Care Community First Choice State Plan Option services are eligible for BSS if they have one or more of the following needs:
- Client has or will receive a move-out notice due to challenging behaviors.
- Client's assisted living facility, residential care facility, adult foster home, or in-home agency provider requests assistance with client behaviors that disrupt other residents or challenge caregivers.
- Current behavior plan for a client is inadequate, not used or ineffective.
- Client is in a new placement and has had a recent placement failure due to challenging behaviors.
- Client has been assigned a special rate to support caregivers who are implementing a behavior plan.
- Client is receiving as needed (PRN) psychotropic medications for specific behavior.