RCSP is a Public/Private Partnership between Oregon's Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Voluntary agencies (Volags), which are contracted through the federal Department of State. DHS provides health, food and assistance benefits to eligible refugees for up to eight months after they are settled in Oregon, and the Volags provide direct resettlement services.
RCSP Services to newly arrived refugees include:
- Coordination of services with Volags Resettlement & Placement (R & P) services
- Cash assistance for up to eight months after arrival;
- Cash management services such as: helping refugees obtain a Social Security card and DMV identification, open a bank account, pay rent and utility bills, enroll children in school, and schedule a health screening and follow-up medical appointments.
- A series of orientation sessions to address such issues as budgeting, housing, health care, and family law in the United States.
- Referral to self-sufficiency programs administered by IRCO