Welcome to the Department of Corrections Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Diversity recognizes and values our individual differences and Inclusion brings us together to become a high performing, cohesive group. The Department knows that a fully engaged and empowered workforce is more productive, creative, and satisfied. To that end, the Department is committed to embracing diversity and enhancing inclusion.
In 2012 Director Colette Peters appointed Gary Sims as the Administrator of Diversity and Inclusion. Under Mr. Sims’ leadership, the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council was formed. The council, together with Mr. Sims, combines a wide variety of knowledge, experience, and perspectives into one dedicated taskforce. From curriculum advisement and development to utilizing best practices in the creation of brand new diversity initiatives, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is committed to the Department’s most valuable resource: our staff.
From the Governor's Office
The Governor of the State of Oregon is committed to the right of all persons to work and advance on the basis of merit, ability, and potential. The Governor has delegated authority to the Director of the Affirmative Action Office to follow ORS 243.315. The Director will assist in the implementation and monitor affirmative action plans in all state agencies. This will foster work environments that recruit, retain and promote employees who represent the broadest possible spectrum of society, which includes women, minorities, and people with disabilities.
|Governor John Kitzhaber
|Governor's Newsletter 10-04-2013.pdf
||The Governor’s Affirmative Action Office is designed to: |
- Reaffirm the state's policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action;
- Identify state agencies' goals and action plans for achieving goals for women, racial/ethnic group members, and persons with disabilities;
- Provide program specifics for promoting and assuring equal employment opportunity;
- Communicate the Governor’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action principles; and
- Demonstrate the continued “good faith” efforts of the State of Oregon.
- Act as a consultant and advisor to agencies to assists them in meeting their goals and action plans.
Governor's Newsletter 1-10-2014.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 12-20-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 11-08-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 10-18-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 10-04-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 9-20-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 8-23-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 8-09-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 7-26-2013.pdf
Governor's Newsletter 7-12-2013.pdf