Elizabeth Craig - Administrator for Government Efficiencies and Communications
The Department of Corrections, as a transparent government agency, shares its mission, vision, values, activities, policies, and programs through the Government Efficiencies and Communications Office (GECO). GECO is charged with furthering the department’s mission and goals through close collaboration with the agency’s external and internal stakeholders, both inside and beyond the realm of public safety. Serving as a trusted source of accurate information, this office ensures the agency is a transparent governmental organization that members of the public can access at any time. GECO includes internal communications, external communications, media relations, legislative and government relations, public records/information coordination, and rules coordination.
Government Efficiencies and Communications Staff
Other Duties of the Office of Government Efficiencies and Communications
- Represents the agency to the state Legislature, including coordination of overall department strategy, positions on issues and testimony.
- Responsible for department media relations.
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Initiates, researches, writes and produces the general interest publications of the department.
- Oversees and coordinates content of Internet Web site.
- Researches and responds to citizen inquiries and surveys.
- Represents the department with community groups.
- Public speaking engagements.
- Responds to and coordinates department efforts to accommodate the film, video and book publishing industries.
- Oversight of department-wide newsletters.
- Management of the department´s internal computer bulletin board.
- Fulfillment of public records requests from the news media.
- Varied critical communications functions in the department´s emergency management plan.