OAA collects delinquent debt for more than 280 state agencies, boards, and commissions including circuit and district courts and a wide variety of educational and regulatory agencies.
We send end-of-month reports with detailed balance information to client agencies. Learn more about report terminology.
Email us if you need balance information more frequently. For liabilities under the full collections program you can also reach us by phone.
Contact us for any of the following:
- Begin sending debts to OAA. You must establish your program in our system to start sending agency liabilities.
- Add/remove program codes. When you assign debt to us, we give you a program code based on the type of debt and type of collection services. Contact us if you need to deactivate or reactivate a program code.
- Update account balances. Email us to make arrangements to report payments by either an Adjustment Memo or data transfer format.
- Request notice of apportionments. We will review any apportionment request (division of a tax refund on a joint return) and make a determination as to whether an apportionment is appropriate. We will charge any resulting change in the refund amount back to your agency's account. Contact our office if you want to be notified of these reversals.
We accept debts in these collection programs
Restricted accounts — collected through refund offsets only. Refunds are applied as follows, based on the age of the debt:
- Other tax debt.
- Other Department of Revenue debt.
- Unrestricted or restricted state agency debt.
Unrestricted accounts — eligible for full collection services, including billing letters, payment plans, phone calls, refund offsets and garnishments, if necessary.
Accounts are assigned to OAA by one of these methods:
Oregon Accounting Manual, Chapter 35:
Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 293.
Oregon Administrative Rules: