This page is currently under construction.
DPSST Private Investigators
|What is required for renewal? |
- Complete the PI-21 renewal application
- Complete two (2) passport quality photographs. (Photos are to be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. No copies or laser printer copies will be accepted.)
- Complete the PI-27 Code of Ethics
- Complete a Continuing Education Summary Form that meets the CEU requirements.
- Provide proof of a valid bond or insurance if your policy has lapsed or changed.
- Submit a $550 licensing fee (VISA/MC, cashier’s check, money order, or business check. No personal checks or cash please.)
Renewal applications should be submitted to DPSST a minimum of two weeks and no more than 90 days prior to expiration. It is illegal for you to continue to provide investigative services after the expiration date of your license, even if your renewal is pending. DPSST cannot guarantee that we can process your renewal in two week or less, so don’t procrastinate and get your forms in as early as possible.
If your required renewal forms/fees/passport photographs are received after your expiration date, you will be assessed a $25 late fee.
If you submit for renewal 30 days past your expiration date, Oregon law requires you to comply with all the requirements of a new applicant, including taking the exam and completing the complete background investigation again. If you are in this situation, feel free to contact our office and we can instruct you on how to proceed.
How long does the renewal process take?
After you submit the required forms/fees and photographs, the renewal process typically take 4-6 weeks.