Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
  • EAB Decisions Now Online
    You can access past EAB decision by clicking on “EAB Decisions” in the left navigation panel.  You will note that the names and addresses of the parties have been deleted from recently issued decisions.  If you need additional assistance in locating a particular decision, please contact us.”
  • The Employment Appeals Board
    The Unemployment Insurance (UI) Appeals Process
    If the Employment Department (OED) issues notice of a decision, either party - claimant or the employer (if any) - may file a request for hearing (RFH) on that decision. The RFH will be referred to the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH), who will assign an administrative law judge (ALJ) to conduct a telephone hearing if the RFH is timely.

    After the ALJ issues a decision, any party (including OED, who becomes a party to the case when a RFH is filed), may file an application for review (AFR) of the ALJ's decision. The AFR will be referred to the Employment Appeals Board (EAB), who will review the evidence submitted in the proceeding before the assigned ALJ, and render a decision. EAB does not conduct hearings. After EAB issues its decision, any party who disagrees with the decision, including OED, may file a petition for judicial review (PJR) with the Court of Appeals (COA). A filing fee or fee waiver is required to file a PJR.

Laws and Rules Forms