|The Office of Human Resources (OHR) provides human resource and labor relations consultation, as well as payroll and benefit services for all agency employees. This unit works diligently to attract, hire, develop and retain a diverse, competent and motivated workforce. |
The Office of Human Resources has developed value statements for each of OED's six values: Customer Service, Growth, Diversity, Collaboration, Honesty & Openness, and Accountability & Trust.
Office of Human Resources
Oregon Employment Department
- All OED employees are equally our customers.
- We respond to customer needs in a timely way.
- We provide expert professional services as a business partner.
- We develop a range of options with customers whenever possible rather than one single answer.
- We balance creative ways to meet individual needs while keeping consistency across OED and meeting legal and business requirements.
- We are dedicated to the growth and success of our customers.
- We are proactive in developing ourselves professionally.
- We provide leadership in how to manage and lead as changes occur.
- We seek to model the values we encourage: respect, fairness, caring, openness.
- We are dedicated in our efforts to attract and keep a diverse workforce.
- We respect and honor each person’s individual dignity.
- We promote the value that diversity adds to OED.
- We seek out, honor and include multiple perspectives.
- We share information on a “need to know” basis with respect for individual privacy and confidentiality.
- We work as a team. When you work with one of us, you work with all of us.
- We work to resolve problems at the lowest level.
Honesty and Openness:
Accountability and Trust:
- We explore and develop issues objectively, fairly, and openly. We listen.
- We are an advocate to assure employees are treated fairly and are safe in bringing concerns to us.
- We promote open, safe, productive and fun workplaces.
- We seek to work with employees from a foundation of trust and credibility.
- We provide expert services to assure that all of us comply with federal, state, union contract and agency requirements.
- We will be quick to admit an error, will correct the situation and learn from mistakes.
The Office of Human Resources also includes the Learning and Development team, Safety & Risk Management and Payroll.