OTTER-Oregon Tax Employer Reporting Alternate Download
If you have been directed to this page, it is because you were having difficulty installing the newest version of OTTER.
Please follow the below instructions to have a successful experience downloading OTTER:
- Make sure ALL applications are closed.
- Click Here to Download Otter
- A download warning may appear:
- Click "Run."
- You may receive a second warning. An "Unknown Publisher," click "Run."
- If you are using Windows 8.1, you may receive an, "unrecognized app warning," within that screen an error may come up that says "OK" or "More Info," click on "More Info" to view this screen. From here, click "Run anyway." That will continue the installation process.
- When prompted, click, "Next."
- Read and agree to the 'End User License Agreement," by clicking "Yes."
- Select "New" or "Upgrade," then click "Next."
- During the installation of OTTER, a message may display stating that a "read only" file has been detected. If this occurs, check "Don't display this message again." and click "Yes" to continue.
- OTTER installs to C:\Program Files\Otter32 or to C:\Program Files (x86)\Otter32. This location can be changed if desired or necessary.
- OTTER asks if it should create a Desktop shortcut. If "No" is chosen, OTTER can still be opened from the "Start" menu.
- Restarting the system is recommended. Choose "Yes," then click "Finish."
- Once the computer has restarted, open OTTER using the shortcut, or use the "Start" menu.
If you have additional issues after installing the alternate download, please click here to be re-directed to the Frequently Asked Questions/Troubleshooting Information.