Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
1099G Information
At the end of January, the Employment Department sends a Form 1099-G (Statement for Recipients of Unemployment Compensation) to each person who was paid unemployment insurance in the prior year.  This form is mailed to the last known address.  After the end of January you may view your 1099G information in our Online Claim System, by selecting Status of Your Claim  
If you changed your mailing address after receiving benefits, you need to immediately notify us of your new address and phone number to ensure receipt of your 1099G.  We are unable to change your address via email request.  You can change your address and phone number online, or by calling your UI Center.
Unemployment insurance benefits are fully taxable if you are required to file a tax return. You may need to make estimated tax payments. For detailed tax information, consult IRS Publication 505 Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax and the Oregon Department of Revenue.
To change your tax withholding, complete an Authorization for Tax Withholding, form 1040WH, and mail or fax it to your UI Center.
Update: The Federal Stimulus Package, Ballot Measure 66, and UI Taxes for tax year 2009
Under the Federal Stimulus Package signed by the President, for tax year 2009, the first $2,400 of unemployment insurance benefits received is not subject to Federal taxes.  The passage of Ballot Measure 66 made the first $2,400 exempt from Oregon State tax as well.