CR Petition for Representation Election
Under OAR 115-025-0075, after a Card Check (CC or CU)CC or CU ("card check") petition for certification without an election has been filed, an employee, or group of employees, in the proposed bargaining unit may petition the Board for a representation election.

The petition must be:
  • filed within 14 days of the date of the Notice of Card Check (CC or CU) petition.
  • accompanied by signed authorization cards reflecting a showing of interest of at least 30%.
There is no fee to file a petition. Staff may answer questions about procedures and applicable laws and rules but cannot provide legal advice.
A petition form may be requested from ERB at (503) 378-6471, by Email at Emprel.board, or at the following link: Petition for Representation or Unit Changes
To complete the CR petition form, follow the steps below:
Section 1 - check the box for "CR” - Petition for Representation Election
Section 2 (reverse side of form) - provide contact information for the employer and employer’s representative.
Section 3 - provide contact information for current labor organization only if the petition is being filed in response to CU petition.
Section 4 - describe the proposed bargaining unit, or existing unit and proposed change per the Notice that was posted for the CU or CC.
Section 5 – provide the number of employees you believe are in the proposed unit.

Section 6 and 7 - do not apply.

Section 8 – provide any other relevant facts relating to this petition.
Authorization Cards (Showing of Interest)
The cards must state that the employees signing the petition request an election to determine if the named labor organization in the CC or CU petition should be certified as the exclusive bargaining representative for the employees designated in the petition. The individual cards must be arranged alphabetically.

                                                                                         Sam​ple Authorization Card
      I request an election to determine if the [labor organization named in CC or CU petition] should be certified as the exclusive representative of employees of [Employer].
Employee Name (Printed)
Employee Signature
Date Employee Signed
File your petition via US Mail or deliver to:
Elections Coordinator
Oregon Employment Relations Board
Old Garfield School Building
528 Cottage St. NE, Ste 400
Salem, OR 97301-3807
Employee Job Title