The course consists of 16 class room hours (or the approved equivalent) and covers all the laws and business practices for landscape construction work, including, but not limited to:
- The Landscape Contractors Board;
- Employer requirements and employee's rights;
- Taxes, record keeping, accounting, budgeting and pricing;
- Building codes;
- Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division
- Environmental practices and laws;
- Contract law;
- Oregon construction lien law;
- Project management, estimating and scheduling; and
- Business Practices.
The course and testing are valid for 24 months from the date the course was completed. Testing that is past the 24-month period from the date of the completed course will not be considered for the purposes of fulfilling this requirement. The requirement can be met if the owner or managing employee shows they have completed the course and passed the test and have been the owner or managing employee of another licensed landscape contracting business within two years of the date of application of the new landscape contracting business, however the license of that previous landscape contracting business license has not expired or, if expired, has not been expired for more than 24 months.