1. Set up the business entity. Consider speaking with an accountant or a lawyer regarding the best choice regarding the entity of your business. This decision can affect taxes and personal property. If a landscape business changes legal entity a new business license may be required.
2. Set up accounts with the IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue, if necessary.
3. You will need to register the business entity and/or any assumed business name with the Secretary of State.
4. Obtain liability insurance, bond and if your business will have employees, workers compensation insurance.
5. Fill out the business application and submit to the LCB with your certificate of insurance, bond and workers compensation (if applicable). Please also supply the documentation used to form your business. Examples of this are: the articles of incorporation (for corporations), organizational filings (for LLC’s), or partnership agreement.
6. Please allow up to 10 days processing time. Your business license will be mailed to you with information regarding licensing. If further documentation is needed, a letter will be sent to you requesting it.
|Business License Cost |
||$260 annual renewal|