Upcoming Changes In Our Rules
At the April 5, 2013 meeting, the Board of Medical Imaging directed staff to initiate the rulemaking process. This rulemaking will be published in the June 1, 2013 Bulletin and the public comment period will close at 4:30 pm on June 28, 2013. This rulemaking accomplishes two changes:
1. In order to re-obtain a permanent limited permit, a Limited X-Ray Machine Operator (LXMO) permit holder whose permanent permit has been expired or inactive for a period in excess of 24 continuous months will need to follow the same process as an applicant who has not previously had a permit, including attendance and graduation from an approved school, passing the ARRT examination, obtaining a temporary permit, and completing clinical requirements.
2. Full licensure candidates who have graduated from an approved school and who wish to apply for a temporary license must submit their initial temporary license applications to the Board office no later than 24 months following completion of the approved school’s program.
1. Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
2. Statement of Need
3. Excerpt from Board’s April 5, 2013 draft meeting minutes, including motions to approve rulemaking
4. Copy of actual proposed rules amendment
WHEN/HOW TO COMMENT
Public comment will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 28, 2013. Please email comments to email@example.com. Or you may mail comments to the mailing address below:
Ed Conlow, Executive Director
Oregon Board of Medical Imaging, 800 NE Oregon St., Portland OR 97232-2162