Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Tax Consultant/Preparer Problems

What do I do if I have a problem with my tax consultant/preparer?
If you would like to check whether your tax consultant or tax preparer is licensed in the state of Oregon, click on our Licensee Look-Up tool, or call (503) 378-4034, and the office will provide you with the most recent information.  
If you are having a problem with your Licensed Tax Preparer or Licensed Tax Consultant, please fill out a complaint form
To expedite the complaint process, (if applicable) provide a copy of a tax return completed by the practitioner along with your written complaint. Do NOT email any confidential information.
You can download a complaint form, fill out the form, and fax or mail it to the office. 

You may also write a letter or send an e-mail to the office, clearly explaining the problems you are having with the tax practitioner. It is helpful if you provide your name, address, and phone number should the Board's investigator need to contact you for additional information. The information received will remain confidential.
The investigator would like you to include as much of the following information as possible regarding the tax practitioner - name, address, phone number, nature of the complaint, and any other information that might be helpful.