You may submit a New or Renewal application.
THIS APPLICATION CONTAINS A SWORN STATEMENT AND MAY ONLY BE COMPLETED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING FOR ENROLLMENT
To apply online, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age, or within six weeks of turning 18;
- You must have a Social Security Number to apply online NOTE: If you do not have a Social Security Number, fill out an application form and mail it in with the required payment; You may download an application from the forms and publication page by clicking here.
- If you have a driver’s license or DMV-issued ID number, please include it on your application;
- If you are currently working for a licensed child care facility or Head Start program, the following information is required: (a) facility license number, (b) facility name, (c) facility address, (d) facility phone number;
- If you have any convictions or have been cited for a crime that has not been resolved, you will need the following information to complete the online application: (a) date of the crime (month and year), (b) what the crime was, (c) circumstances surrounding crime, (d) information about legal or court proceedings, (e) description of any personal changes you have made to address the issues that led to the crime;
- You must have a valid Visa or MasterCard.
- The fee for applying for enrollment in the Central Background Registry is $35.00.
Additional fees for fingerprinting will apply.
- PLEASE NOTE: All fees are non-refundable. If you have questions,
please contact the Office of Child Care prior to applying online.
you will be receiving from the Office of Child Care will be by mail please make
sure that you indicate a current mailing address on your application.
The Office of Child Care will receive your application the following business day if your application was successfully submitted by 4 p.m.
The Office of Child Care would appreciate feedback about the online application system. Email us
Who should be enrolled in the Central Background Registry?
A person who wishes to seek employment as:
- The owner, operator or an employee or volunteer of a certified, registered or otherwise regulated child care facility that is subject to the jurisdiction of the Oregon Department of Education, Office of Child Care.
- The operator or an employee of an Oregon pre-kindergarten program or parent-as-teacher program under ORS 329.170 to 329.200;
- The operator or an employee of a federal Head Start Program regulated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services;
- An employee of the Oregon Department of Education, Office of Child Care.
- A contractor or an employee of the contractor who provides early childhood special education or early intervention services pursuant to ORS 343.455 to 343.534; or
- A child care provider who is required to be enrolled in the Central Background Registry by any state agency;
- An individual in any of the above facilities or programs who may have unsupervised contact with children.
- A designated employee or volunteer of a Metro service district
How can I enroll?
Frequently Asked Questions and Information on the Office of Child Care's Background Registry