Only a few vacancies remain for positions on a handful of the state’s agricultural commodity commissions
. Applications are still being solicited for open positions on eight of the state’s 23 commodity commissions. Those individuals appointed as commissioners administer producer assessments spent on commodity commissions’ promotion, education, and research projects.
Most appointments are for a three-year term. The Oregon Sheep Commission has openings for four-year terms. Some of the openings are shorter because they are for unexpired terms.
Commission positions that have not received any applications at this time include:
- Oregon Albacore Commission –1 public member
- Oregon Alfalfa Seed Commission – 2 producers
- Oregon Orchardgrass Commission – 1 producer area code 503 or 971
- Oregon Processed Vegetable Commission –1 public member
- Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission – 1 producer
- Oregon Sheep Commission – 1 Klamath, Lake, Harney, or Malheur county producer, 1 handler
- Oregon Strawberry Commission – 1 producer
- Oregon Trawl Commission – 1 producer
Appointments will be made by Oregon Department of Agriculture Director Katy Coba.
Applicants for any commodity commission position must be a US citizen, an Oregon resident, and have paid or collected the assessment for the particular commodity for at least three years. For more information, contact Commodity Commission Program Manager Kris Anderson at 503-872-6600.Qualifications & a complete list of openingsPDF version of news release