The Oregon Department of Agriculture Animal Health
Laboratory's (ODA-AHL) primary function is to aid the state and federal
veterinarians in monitoring the health status of production animals within or
moving into or out of the state or country. The laboratory provides testing and
referral services for veterinarians whose clients require specialized testing
not normally available in routine diagnostic laboratories. These tests often are required by either state or federal agencies in order to export animals
to other states or countries.
The lab's role is regulatory in nature. The laboratory and
technicians are certified annually by the United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA) as competent to perform each type of regulatory test
offered. The ODA-AHL works closely with the staff at the Oregon State
University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (OSU VDL) to provide surveillance
testing for foreign animal diseases.
Lab closure dates
- New Year's Day: Friday, January 1, 2016
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 18, 2016
- Presidents Day: Monday, February 15, 2016
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 30, 2016
- Independence Day: Monday, July 4, 2016
- Labor Day: Monday, September 5, 2016
- Veterans Day: Friday, November 11, 2016
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 24, 2016
- After Thanksgiving Day: Friday, November 25, 2016
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 26, 2016
When 20 or more samples are submitted on the same accession (same date/same owner/same species) the samples must be packaged and received in the same sequential order as listed on the submittal form. Failure to do so will result in an additional $25.00 fee for the submission.
A $25.00 fee, per set of samples submitted, will be added to all rush requests.
Rush requests are only available for blood tests.
Animal Health Lab Policies (2015)