License required

  • If a treat or food made in Oregon contains raw or cooked meat you need to obtain a Pet Food Manufacturing License.
  • Other pet foods and animal feeds are managed by the Feed Safety Program​

License not required

  • If a treat or food made in Oregon does not contain raw or cooked meat. 


AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Guide


Feed Distributor or Manufacturer License & Feed Product Registration


Meat Law: Labeling and inspection of meat and meat food products

Law or rule

Meat Law: Meat Sellers and Slaughterers

Law or rule

Pet Food Regulation

Law or rule

Vet Product Registration Application


What you need to know about manufacturing and labeling pet food and treats



Next step

Get a license application​​


Main Office
Food Safety
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4720