UPDATE: Please note the Oregon Department of Agriculture is awaiting notification of 2017-2018 funds to be allocated to the State for cost share reimbursement. We will update this webpage when funding becomes available.
The National Organic Certification Cost Share Program (NOCCSP) provides cost share assistance to organic growers and producers, processors, and handlers who have received USDA organic certification from USDA accredited certifiers and have PAID certification fees during the period of October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
Authorized by the U.S. Farm Bill, the NOCCSP funds have been made available from USDA to applicant states. The Oregon Department of Agriculture has been allocated reimbursement funds for the period of October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
The National Organic Program (NOP) currently recognizes four categories of
- Wild crops
Eligible operations will be reimbursed up to 75% of their organic certification costs, not to exceed $750 per certification or category of certification per year.
How to apply
Applicants must adhere to the following to apply for reimbursement:
- Be an organic operation in Oregon that has PAID eligible fees to become newly certified or to renew organic certification on or between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017.
- Possess current USDA organic certification. Operations with suspended or revoked certifications are ineligible for reimbursement.
- Submit a completed organic cost share reimbursement application form.
- Submit an organic certificate with date, certification number, and name of certifier.
- Submit an itemized invoice detailing certification fees that has been marked PAID.
- Submit a W-9 form.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2017. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Reimbursements will be made on a first-come, first serve basis until all funds have been disbursed or the grant period ends.
USDA National Organic Program Accredited Certifying Agents
Requirement for reimbursement from the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA). Complete this form if you have made any changes or have never received payment from the ODA. Document