Certified weed free hay and straw is in high demand in Oregon and throughout the western states. The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Weed Free Forage Program, as part of an integrated weed management approach, helps limit the spread of noxious weeds and protect Oregon agriculture.
Complete a request for crop inspection:
- Submit the certification application at least 20 days prior to harvest.
- The grower will be contacted for a field inspection.
- Contact ODA 10 to 12 days prior to harvest.
- Inspection fees: $60.00 per hour (4 hours minimum) or $3.00 per acre, whichever is greater.
- Mileage fee: Inspector's travel will be charged at the current official state mileage rate.
- Application fee: $25 for each field non-refundable.
Order NAWMA colored twine
After your field is certified, you may order North American Weed Management Association (NAWMA) purple and yellow twine from Continental Western Corporation (CWC). CWC will contact ODA to confirm your eligibility to purchase twine for the amount requested.
- Continental Western Corporation
12021 NE Erin Way
Portland, OR 97220
- Bob Pollock, Vice President and Portland Branch Manager
- Kelly Dougherty, Sales
Weed free forage providers
Click here to view this map in full screen.
Weed Free Forage Certification Pilot Program
Weed Free Forage Program authority and description Document
Weed Free Forage Certification Program Application for Inspection