This Oregon Lottery funded grant program allows the Oregon State Weed Board (OSWB) to fund and administer noxious weed control projects in partnership with the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB).
- Fish and wildlife habitat
- Watershed functions
- Native salmonid populations
Projects for on-the-ground weed control of Oregon state listed noxious weeds that protect water quality and overall watershed health are encouraged.
Any person, tribe, watershed council, soil and water conservation district, community college, state institution of higher education, independent not-for-profit institution of higher education, or political subdivision of this state that is not a state agency may submit a request for funding. A state agency or federal agency may apply for funding only as a co-applicant with one of the other eligible entities.
- Must be for the management of state listed noxious weeds.
- Must demonstrate sound principles of integrated weed management to both protect and enhance watershed health.
- Demonstrate specific site management objectives.
- Have on-the-ground control as a focus and a majority of OSWB funds should be used toward the control elements of the project.
Grant awards for 2018
|Application due date
|OSWB meeting & grant awarding
|Interim progress reporting due
|Progress completion reporting due
Interim reporting information
- Interim progress reporting checklist: Use the checklist to guide you through the interim reporting for the OSWB Grant Program.
- Interim progress reporting form (required): Use the form for interim progress reporting to the OSWB Grant Program.
- Expense tracking: Use the form to report all expenses to the OSWB Grant Program. Must be submitted with receipts of $250 or more and your second request for funds.
Project completion reporting information
- Complete the required Project Completion Reporting (PCR) on the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board Grant Management System (OGMS) website.
- User name and password is required for each user.
- Use the OSWB expense tracking form to report all expenses to show completion of your project. Must be submitted with receipts of $250 or more and your final funds request form.
Oregon Noxious Weed Policy and Classification (2017)
'A', 'B,' and 'T,' listed weeds for the state of Oregon. The State Noxious Weed List is used to prioritize activities at the state level and provide direction in the development of county weed lists that guide local control programs. This list is part of a Noxious Weed Policy and Classification System and is jointly maintained by the Oregon State Weed Board and the Noxious Weed Control Program. Oregon Noxious Weed Policy and Classification
OSWB expense tracking form
Use this form to report all expenses to date to the OSWB Grant Program. Must be submitted with receipts of $250 or more and your second request for funds. Document
OSWB interim progress reporting checklist
OSWB interim progress reporting form
OSWB notice of grant award conditions
OWEB online grant management system (OGMS)—request password