You must notify the Oregon Department of Forestry of any commercial forest activity at least 15 days before beginning. There may be special requirements you must meet. If you´re ready for this step, you will need to complete and submit the forms below to notify.
To minimize the number of forms needed for forest operations, the notification of operations form combines the following three forms into one:
- Notice to the State Forester that a forest operation will be conducted (ORS 527.670)
- Application for permit to use fire or operate power-driven machinery (ORS 477.625)
- Notice to the State Forester and the Department of Revenue of the intent to harvest timber (ORS 321.550)
Forms are available as Word (.doc), Adobe (.pdf), or, for the 8.5" x 14" (legal size) version only, Excel (.xlsx) files. With the appropriate software, you can download the forms, enter information electronically, and print and sign the completed forms, or you can print the blank form and fill it out by hand.
Notification of Operation / Application for Permit
*The Unit Addendum is only used to accompany the letter size form (Version 2).
|Form 629-2-1-002 |
- Instructions for completing the form:
The notification form is available in two formats for printing (legal or letter) as shown below. Applicants may use either version.
|Version 1: (8.5 x 14 - legal)
- Notification form (2 pages)
|Version 2: (8.5 x 11 - letter) |
- Notification form (4 pages)
- Unit Addendum -Ver. 2 only*
Become a Subscriber
Interested citizens can subscribe yearly to receive copies of all notifications of operations submitted to the Department by District/Unit.