South East Area Commission on Transportation
| Sign up to receive e-mail updates |
|South East ACT|
About the ACT
Area: Grant, Harney and Malheur counties and the Burns Paiute Tribe.
History: Initial charter approved by OTC on Oct. 11, 2000.
Membership: 18 voting members:
One member of the commission or court from each county (3)
One member representing and selected by the cities of each county (3)
One member representing the private business sector from each county (3)
Two members at large from Grant County
Two members at large from Malheur County
One member at large from Harney County
One member representative of the Burns Paiute Tribe of Harney County
One member at large representing bike/ped
One member at large representing transit
One member at large representing freight
ODOT Region 5 representative
Leadership: Chair and vice-chair elected annual from voting members.
- The Oregon Transportation Commission liaison to the ACT
- Representative of the Oregon Department of Aviation
- Eastern Regional Coordinator for the Governor's Office
- Members of the Governor's Economic Revitalization Team
- State legislators representing districts in the region
- Representatives of each county road department or road district
- Representatives of regional groups such as housing advocates and law enforcement agencies
Staffing: Staffing is provided by the ODOT Region 5 representative in cooperation with the Greater Eastern Oregon Development Corporation.
Work Program: Obtain a provisional charter from the OTC authorizing SEACT as an area commission on transportation; define expectations of members of SEACT; gain understanding of ODOT organization and programs, process and funding; develop a process for identifying regional transportation needs and issues and developing proposed solutions; develop a plan/process for public involvement and educational outreach; proactively participate in the update process of the STIP; participate in all transportation planning efforts affecting the region; and assure coordination between transportation planning efforts and community development planning efforts.
Meeting Schedule: SEACT meets on the fourth Monday of each month, in conjunction with the Southeast Regional Alliance.
c/o Harney County Court
450 N. Buena Vista
P.O. Box 699
Burns, Oregon 97720
Meetings are the fourth Monday of every other month at 10 a.m. Locations vary.
Phone: (541) 276-6745
|Agendas and Minutes|
- Nov. 25, 2013
- Sept. 19, 2013
- Sept. 19, 2013 — (joint meeting with NEACT)
- Aug. 15, 2013 — (joint meeting with NEACT)
- Aug. 1, 2013
- Aug. 1, 2013 — (joint meeting with NEACT)
- May 20, 2013
- March 25, 2013
- Feb. 21, 2013 — (joint teleconference with NEACT)
- Jan. 28, 2013
|Northwest Oregon |
Lower John Day
South Central Oregon