Lower John Day Area Commission on Transportation
|Lower John Day ACT|
About the ACT
Area: Gilliam, Sherman, Wheeler and Wasco counties.
History: Initial Charter approved by OTC on Oct. 13, 1999.
Membership: 14 voting members:
- 4 county elected officials (one from each county)
- 4 city elected officials (one from each county selected by caucus of cities)
- 1 tribal council
- 1 ODOT district manager
- 4 private sector representative (one from each county selected by county)
- All other members of the Lower John Day Regional Partnership
- State legislators, representatives from adjoining ACTs
- Central and Eastern Oregon members of the Oregon Transportation Commission
- Regional community solutions team members
- Public works directors and road supervisors from each county
- All ports within the area
Leadership: Chair is the chair of the Lower John Day Regional Partnership. Operating structure is the operating structure of the Regional Partnership, which means that the ACT steering committee is comprised of one tribal member and the four county judges.
Staffing: ODOT shares staff support duties with the administrator of the Lower John Day Regional Partnership.
Other: LJDACT members are the Lower John Day Regional Partnership participants.
|ACT Chair: |
Judge Gary Thompson
c/o Sherman County Court
500 Court Street
P.O. Box 365
Moro, Oregon 97039
401 Fourth St
P.O. Box 447
Fossil, Oregon 97830
ODOT Region 4
3313 Bret Clodfelter Way
The Dalles, Oregion 97058
The ACT meets quarterly on the first Monday of the quarter. Meetings are from 10 a.m. until noon.
|Agendas and Minutes|
|Northwest Oregon |
Lower John Day
South Central Oregon