The Construction Contracts Unit contracts approximately 100 to 150 highway and bridge construction projects per year. These construction projects are advertised each week in the Daily Journal of Commerce, the Construction Market Data, and posted to our Notice to Contractors
You may obtain a calendar of scheduled bid opening dates from our Letting Schedules
Do I need to become prequalified to bid on projects?
- Are you a Prime Contractor, Subcontractor, or supplier?
- ODOT only requires prime contractors to become prequalified to bid on highway and bridge projects. subcontractors and suppliers do not need to become prequalified.
- If the solicitation documents are on Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN):
- No, public improvement project let through ORPIN are procured through the ODOT - Region team. Contractors intending to bid on these projects are required to submit project experience for three similar size and scope projects, prequalification is not necessary.
- If the solicitation documents are on Electronic Bidding Information Distribution System (eBIDS):
- Yes, ODOT requires that prime contractors become pre-qualified at least ten days prior to the bid date they intend to bid. The Class of Work is specified for each project advertisement, and bidders must be pre-qualified in that class of work to be eligible to bid.
More information regarding prequalification can be obtained from our Prequalification page.
Effective January 1, 2015, Oregon Department of Transportation Procurement Office Construction Contracts Unit no longer prints and sells paper or CD copies of plans and special provisions (blue books) for upcoming projects. View and print plans and special provisions from ODOT’s Electronic Bidding Information Distribution System (eBIDS). To get started view our eBIDS page