Most Common Mistakes
- The bidder is not currently prequalified or is not prequalified in the project's class or classes of work.
- The bid contains the signature of someone not authorized to sign the bid booklet.
- The First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure form is not submitted, is submitted late, or is incomplete.
- The bid does not meet DBE goal and/or the DBE Commitment Certification and Utilization Form is not submitted, is incomplete, is not signed, or the DBE firms listed are not African American or Subcontinent Asian American.
- The bidder has submitted a complete and correct Prime Contractor Prequalification Application 10 days prior to bid opening.
- The bidder is prequalified in the project’s class or classes of work.
The signature on the bid is for an individual listed as an authorized signer of bids in the bidder’s current prequalification application form.
- Electronic bidder’s Bid Express (BidX) Electronic Digital signature must match current authorized signer of bids in Prequalification.
(References: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/Prequalification.shtml; Oregon Standard Specifications for Construction, General Conditions 00120.00.)
Subcontractor Disclosure Form
Filled out the First-Tier Subcontractor Disclosure Form (for projects over $100,000) correctly and completely, including subcontractor name, category of work, and dollar amount.
Deadline for submittal of form is 2 hours after bid closing.
(References: ORS 279C.370 http://landru.leg.state.or.us/ors/279c.html; Oregon Standard Specifications, General Conditions 120.40(f), solicitation documents and the form itself).
DBE Goals/DBE Commitment and Utilization Form
Bid Booklet/Electronic Bid
Whether you purchase Plans and Special Provisions from the ODOT Procurement Office - Construction Contracts Unit or download them for free from the ODOT eBIDS website, make sure you have registered your company on the Holder of Bidding Plans through eBIDS.
Make sure the bid is submitted prior to the deadline as stated in bid booklet and solicitation document
Make sure the paper bid is signed by an authorized representative of the company who can “execute bids” per the list in the approved Prime Contractor’s Prequalification Application.
Electronic bidder's BidX Electronic Digital Signature must matach current authorized signer who can “execute bids” per the list in the approved Prime Contractor’s Prequalification Application.
The Bid Section documents provided are properly used and do not contain unauthorized alterations.
The bid is correctly completed and contains no improper additions, deletions, alternate Bids, or conditions.
The bid is submitted on documents obtained directly from the ODOT Procurement Office – Construction or from the ODOT Electronic Bidding Information Distribution System (eBIDS), and is submitted by a bidder on the holder of bidding plans list.
The bid entries are typed or in ink, and signatures and initials are in ink.
Each change or correction is individually initialed.
White-out tape or white-out liquid is not used to correct item entries.
The price per unit is filled out.
The bid guaranty is sufficient and proper.
The original Bid Bond form is used and is not altered.
The bid reflects all issued addendums.
The bid contains price entries that are greater than zero.
The bid contains price entries with no more than two digits to the right of the decimal point.
TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Office) Requirements
For projects on or near the Umatilla Indian Reservation, contractor may need to be certified by the Tribal Employment Rights Office prior to bid opening. (References: http://www.umatilla.nsn.us); http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/SPECS/2008_special_provisions.shtml
The Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO) requirements of the Confederated Tribes of Grande Ronde (CTGR) will be incoporated into selected Region 1 and Region 2 projects. The bid dates listed for the Region 1 and Region 2 CTGR projects are tentative bid dates, not project advertisements.
Use these links to learn more