Working at Information Systems Branch
Visit www.odotjobs.com for information on how to apply online for Information Systems Branch jobs, see a list of current openings and sign-up for email alert about future job openings.
Information Systems Branch's subject matter experts include software developers as well as field technicians, help desk representatives, administrative staff, security experts, procurement, project managers, and others. Developers may work with a variety of platforms and languages.
Platforms and Database systems include:
- Microsoft SQL Server
Development Languages include:
- Visual Basic
Operating Systems include:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 2003
- x/OS, x/VM & Linux Mainframe
ODOT develops and runs its own applications. Many of these are highly specialized for highway engineering, DMV customer service, and Motor Carrier trucking management. Examples include systems to deal with road cameras, photo drivers license, and trucker's vehicle tax. Some systems are for Central Services use with human resources and financial work.
A sample of ISB supported applications:
- Bridge Structural Applications
- Online Vehicle Registration System
- Drivers Licensing System
- Crash Data System
- Project Control System
- Road Design
- HR Employment Tools
- Road & Weather Information Systems
- TripCheck Traveler Information Portal
- Work Zone Traffic Analysis
- Truck Route Permit Mapping and Database (GIS)
- Construction Contract System
The Information Systems Branch's structure is similar to its parent organizations. ISB is divided along the lines of its business customers and communities of interest in order to better serve them.
ODOT ISB is organized into four sections that provide information technology services.
All ODOT Sections are under the leadership of the ODOT Chief Information Officer.
Three application development sections write and maintain the computer programs needed to deliver ODOT services:
The Enterprise Technology Section manages and supports the computers, servers, and networks needed to deliver ODOT services. It also provides planning, help-desk, and security services needed for effective IT services to ODOT.
- DMV Application Development Section
- Motor Carrier Application Development Section
- Technical Application Development Section supports Highway, Transportation, and Central Services.
ODOT values and practices inclusion in its business strategies and practices. Information Systems Branch has a Diversity Action Team to help us foster a diverse work environment. The team includes representatives from each area of Information Systems. We strive for:
• An organization reflecting the population of Oregon and the customers we serve
• A culturally sensitive and competent workforce.
• An inclusive work environment that reflects collaboration and problem solving throughout IS.
• Clarity and acceptance among IS staff that ODOT values and practices inclusion in its business strategies and practices.
|Check out the opportunities to provide IT contracted services or products to ODOT by registering on the Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN). All information technology contracting opportunities that exceed $5,000 are advertised on the Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN) website or obtained through a Managed Service Provider (MSP). |
For any questions about how ODOT contracts for IT services call the IT Procurement and Asset Management (ITPAM) Manager at (503) 986-6393.
Contact the MSP, Covendis, by sending an e-mail to Yunhwa Tak.
Yunhwa Tak, Oregon Client Care Associate
EMAIL: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEPHONE: 1-855-268-3634 or 1-770-903-9990