DMV requires you to provide proof of insurance prior to taking a drive test.
Proof of insurance consists of one of the following:
- A valid insurance card (a fax; photocopy; or electronic version displayed from an electronic device are acceptable);
- A current motor vehicle liability insurance policy or binder;
- A letter signed by an authorized agent or insurance company official, on agent or insurance company letterhead;
- A DMV Certificate of Self-Insurance naming the owner of the vehicle; or
- A displayed Oregon auto dealer license plate unless the dealership does not sell motorized vehicles and has completed a "DMV Certificate of Exemption from Vehicle Liability Insurance".
Note: The insurance card, policy or binder must contain information on the vehicle being used, insurance company name, policy number and policy expiration date.