First, determine if you legally qualify for an Oregon vehicle title and registration.
If you qualify, then choose the link below that best fits your type of vehicle and/or circumstances to access the appropriate instructions for titling and registering your vehicle:
- New Vehicles - Use this link if you have just bought a new vehicle that has not been titled or registered in any state.
- Out-of-State Vehicles if You Have the Title - Use this link if you just moved to Oregon with an out-of-state vehicle (and you have the title) or if you have just bought a vehicle that is titled in a different state.
- Out-of-State Vehicles with Liens - Use this link if the vehicle is currently titled out of state and the security interest holder possesses the title (because you are paying on the loan or you are leasing the vehicle).
- Oregon-Titled Vehicles - Use this link if you have purchased a used vehicle that has an Oregon title.
- Out-of-Country Vehicles - Use this link if the vehicle has been imported to Oregon from another country.
- Salvage Vehicles - Use this link if documents show that the vehicle has been damaged, destroyed, wrecked or salvaged.
- Reconstructed Vehicles - Use this link for a vehicle with an Oregon title that has been rebuilt, or totaled and repaired.
- Removing a Lien - Use this link when you have paid off a lien on your Oregon-titled vehicle.
- Inherited Vehicles - Use this link if you inherited a vehicle.
- Assembled Vehicles - Use this link if you wish to title an assembled vehicle for the first time.
- Dealer Out of Business - Use this link if you have purchased a vehicle from an Oregon dealer who has gone out of business and did not provide you with a title.
Note: If none of the selections above seem to fit your vehicle or circumstances, or you are just not sure, you may also access titling and registration instructions based on the type of vehicle.
Note: Registration and license plates for commercial vehicles are issued primarily by the Oregon Motor Carrier Transportation Division, not DMV.
Note: Vehicles subject to Multnomah County registration fees are required to pay an additional $19 per year, or $10 for permanent heavy trailer registration. Multnomah County registration fees are due at initial registration and renewal for registrations expiring on or after September 1, 2010. Visit Multnomah County's web site for more information.