In order to qualify and apply, you must:
- Complete a Vehicle Appraiser Certificate Application (Form 735-6610);
- Provide a brief explanation and evidence (i.e., attach documented evidence or letters from an employer) of a minimum of two years of experience, or combination of, in any of the following areas:
- Estimating new or used vehicles
- Performing repair or insurance estimating
- Appraising or estimating insurance claims
- Operating a wrecking yard or salvage yard
- Executing sheriff's bills of sale; and
- Pay a $100 application fee.
You may copy or print the application form
on your computer, or you may obtain a hardcopy form by calling DMV Business Regulations at (503) 945-5052.
You may submit your completed application, supporting materials and payment by mail or in person to our office at:
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services
1905 Lana Ave NE
Salem, OR 97314
Service counter hours are 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday (excluding statewide and holiday closures
For more information you may contact DMV Business Regulations at (503) 945-5052.