When we receive certain documents from a court or another authority we put a sanction suspension, cancellation or revocation on your driver record. You are entitled to have us check those documents in a process known as and if you request that we do so, we will d o an administrative review. Thise review is to make sure that:
- We DMV did not make any mistakes on your driver record; and
- We DMV followed all appropriate laws and rules.
An administrative review is not a meeting between you and a DMV employee or a third party, or a review of the conviction. The notice you received from DMV will say if you are entitled to an administrative review. Your notice may say that you are entitled to an administrative hearing instead.
Your suspension or revocation will remain in effect during the administrative review.
How Do I Request an Administrative Review?
If you want to request an administrative review you can:
- Submit an online request;
- Fax a request (Attention "Administrative Review Request") to 503-945-5497; or
- Mail or personally deliver a request to:
Administrative Review Request
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem, Oregon 97314
If you have lost your notice or have questions, please contact DMV at 503-945-5000.